Just went through the MSF Basic Rider Course this weekend. Fun times. The first day of range I wore my armor. It averaged 104 degrees. The next day on the range I wore a cotton long sleeve shirt. Did not have to pour the sweat out of my shoes that day. Got mildly sunburnt. Had a great time. There were all ages there, including a nice German gentleman in his late 60s who has been riding since the 50s and has had a much more interesting life than I probably will.
A great book that Darrell turned me onto is Proficient Motorcycling: The Ultimate Guide to Riding Well by David L. Hough. This book has a lot of great information and examples, and it helped me breeze through the course. It's a great read.
Note to any of you scooterist and motorcyclists out there: No DOT/Snell headgear, no armor, then your brain and your skin don't mean much to you. Take your chances if you will, but as the adage goes, most chicks don't date dead riders.

No comments:
Post a Comment