Emerald City Bike Ride 2018
Hello faithful watchers. It's May and the temperatures in the Great Northwest have finally broken 70F. We're getting out a little more, and I've set some crazy fitness goals. Mainly I have set a goal of accomplishing the Seattle To Portland bike ride in one day and the 80-mile Passport to Pain on Vashon Island. I've been trying to come close to the training goals recommended by the Cascade website to make myself ready to ride 200 miles in one day at an average of 17.5 MPH but it's becoming evident how much of a time investment it is to total 100+ miles every week as part of training. I'm really finding out what my limits and tolerances are, how supportive my family and friends are, and if this goal is a bad idea or not. Also, trying to recover from a knee impact injury while training is an interesting hurdle.
Otherwise, we have a few trips planned, and a bathroom remodel which has taught us that we never want to go through remodel again, at least not while we are also living in the dwelling.
Other highlights since my last post include a 3 week trip to New Zealand (highly recommended) and getting in one ski trip before the season ended.
No comments:
Post a Comment