
The Las Vegas scooter rally, High Rollers Weekend 2009, was a hoot! Yet again many amazingly restored, modified, chopped, and ratted-out scooters showed. The rides were fun, and the people were entertaining.
I didn't win a damned thing in the raffle.
Photos are appearing here.
One week later...
The Rides of March scooter rally was a good time for all. I wasn't quite used to the hilly roads and blind corners, but I was able to push into my limits and get some good experience. I am always amazed at how skilled, calm, and insane most of the people on these rides are.
I didn't win a damned thing in the raffle.
Photos from the rally will probably be here.
The ride out to the coast was very beautiful. We got to stop by the newly opened Chick-Fil-A in Bakersfield, CA (a freakin' facebook page!) for a delicious sammich. We spent some time in Pismo Beach and San Luis Obispo (CA). Pismo Beach water was like ice, and SLO was a fine little city. I have not seen much of California beach, but what i've seen some parts are nice but with a black volcanic sand element I'm not used to. Give me an nice warm Atlantic beach any time.
The photo for this blog is of an amazing scooter photographer Pistol Pete, whose photos can be perused at http://www.flickr.com/photos/scooterpics/
No comments:
Post a Comment