Sunday, October 02, 2005

Forty Helens agree



The other night I did not catch The Decemberists at The Tabernacle in Atlanta. I am told it was an excellent show. I had actually intended to go with my friends before I took this new job, but then I had to depart quickly. Not so much like a thief in the night, but more as a rodeo clown falling out of a medical helicopter.

I'm sure I will get to see great shows here, but as it is, I regret not doing more with my friends in Athens. Eh, whatcha gonna do.

Things are busy as always. Pulling a 10 hour 4-day schedule is new to me, but it's nice to have 3 days off. Early shifts can be tough, especially when you came back late the last night from hangin' with your work friends. Luckily, geeks don't stay up too late anyway.

I will be seeing Serenity soon, hopefully. If you have never watched/rented Firefly, now's the time people. Serenity now!

Firefly http://imdb.com/title/tt0303461/
Serenity http://imdb.com/title/tt0379786/

I've found the only home-brew supply store in Las Vegas. The owner was a home brewer and decided to open the store when the previous only-brewshop-in-las-vegas guy closed up. They have a bit different array of brew styles available out here, although it's mostly coastal recipes. It's a little hard to keep a carboy under 80 degrees out here during most of the year. I may invest in a mini-fridge in order to try some lagers. My pal in Portland has also started homebrewing (after enjoying a persistent supply of the fine recipes I tried in Georgia). He's working on his first batch, an anchor steam ale. It should be very tasty. I also picked up an anchor steam kit and a chocolate stout mash pack. We'll see how that turns out...

The delightful 'Hang in there, kid' poster is an inspiration to us all. Yes you unflappable little kitty. I shall hang in there. I will do anything you say. Anything.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ahh yes, Serenity opened Friday didn't it. Sam and I have decided to actually make a movie theatre appearance for it.

Too bad you missed the Decemberists show, I think you might have enjoyed it. I planned on writing a more substantial entry for it but got distracted just as I started posting.

Not sure if you have cable yet but did you happen to catch the reference to the Star Wars Kid, either on Family Guy or American Dad in the last couple weeks?